Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Ads

I am not a fan of American football.  (I'm not a fan of "real" football, or American soccer, either, but that's neither here nor there.)  However, I have always enjoyed the advertisements for the Super Bowl.  Since they cost so much to air, greater care is taken to make them good and entertaining.

The last few years, I have been able to watch them on the Internet, thus bypassing the game entirely.  But this year an odd thing happened.  I was watching them via a link on Yahoo (you remember them).  Get this: they were "brought to me" by some stupid looking TV show I can't even remember the name of.

So imagine.  I'm watching ads, and ads are interspersed in them.  Two Super Bowl ads, one 15-second spot for this TV show.  It was surreal.

Pretty quickly, I tired of this.  Really, that TV show looks pretty stupid (which I realize is also a trend).  So I haven't seen most of the Super Bowl ads this year, ironically due to ad saturation.

No comments:

Post a Comment