Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Interview with a Blogger

I saw on Anna's blog something that looks suspiciously like a chain letter, but it seemed like a lot of fun anyway, so here it is.  Bloggers interviewing bloggers!  (The mind bloggles!)

The rules are:

1) Leave me a comment saying "interview me".
2) I will respond by emailing you 5 questions (I get to pick the questions)
3) You will update your blog with answers to the questions.
4) You will include the explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them 5 questions.

So here I am, facing 5 scintillating questions from Anna.  Here we go!


1) You have 1 bottle of Jack, 2 albums and 2 guests. What are the albums/guests and what happens when the Jack runs out?

 I realize that there is much innuendo in that question, but I'm going to skip that aspect of it, and try for people who I'd be interested in talking to for an evening. 

But who to choose?  So many possibilities.  I first thought I would list them, but now I think that would be cheating, so only two.  I'm certain I'll change my mind later, when I suddenly remember someone else, but I'll go with what I'm thinking now. 

Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings director)

Dennis Phillips (Finished 3rd in the main event at last year's World Series of Poker) 

I'm not sure the albums would necessarily complement the evening, but here's two faves: 

Puccini's Tosca

Vladimir Horowitz: The Last Romantic 

And everyone who knows me will chuckle at the very idea of the Jack running out.

2) What are your views on the death penalty? 

In a word, "contradictory".  I understand that there is evidence that it does not lower the homicide rate, but I cling to the idea that it must.  I will also admit that a bit of blood thirst is in play.  I wish we could speed the process up, as I feel it would be more of a deterrent if it didn't take so long.  At the same time, the foremost principle to be applied to these cases should be, "Be absolutely certain of guilt".

3) You are offered the chance to rule the world, but only for an hour and you can only pass 3 laws - what are they? 

1.  Get rid of all stores that end in "mart".  (Okay, I got the idea from Alan Shore on Boston Legal.  But still.) 

2.  "24" will no longer be shown on television in its current one-hour-per-week format; instead, they must broadcast all 24 episodes in a full-day marathon that I can TiVo. 

3.  Sarah Palin is cast out.

4) If you were a chess piece, which piece would you be and why? 

The knight.  Elegance, with a touch of trickiness.

5) If you ran a cult, what would it be called and what would its main principles be? 

Goodness gracious, I have no idea.  I've always wanted to run a cult.  I am so annoyed by the simpleminded idiots that plague this planet that the idea of having a bunch of them serve me after donating all their money to me is quite appealing. 

So the only answer I can come up with is we'll call it the Ponzi Cult, and it's main principle would be to spawn more cults, with a unidirectional cash flow and a clever accountant.

1 comment:

  1. This was really interesting to read Mike. With a couple of surprises too - I never pegged you as having those views on the death penalty or for a 24 watcher. Just goes to show you never know someone just from reading their blog!
    Thanks for taking part.

    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete