Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rush Limbaugh Hates America

I saw this news story the night before the Inauguration.  It includes the following quote by Rush Limbaugh: 

"They didn't give Bush a chance in 2000. Before he was inaugurated, the search-and-destroy mission had begun. I'm not talking about search-and-destroy, but I've been listening to Barack Obama for a year and a half. I know what his politics are. I know what his plans are, as he has stated them. I don't want them to succeed." 

Pause, while this sinks in. 

Okay, let's start with the first part.  In my opinion, no one, ever, gets to claim that Bush was a "victim" of a "search-and-destroy mission".  He got away with ignoring, avoiding, and dismantling the Constitution to an unprecedented degree, starting a war on false pretenses, and being a global embarrassment to us all. 

His predecessor got impeached for lying about having sex. 

However, it is the second part of this quote, in particular the last sentence, that truly reveals who and what Rush Limbaugh is.  If you have ideological differences with someone, what you would say is, "I don't believe your policies will succeed."  If you say, "I don't want them to succeed", then what you are saying is that you don't care if the country suffers; the important thing is that your opponent is wrong.

One problem I have with the entire right-wing apparatus in this country is that so many of them think this same way.  To be honest, if they added an ounce of common sense, not to mention common decency, they would have my support.  But I will not abide any person, or group, who would rather see their enemies fail than their nation succeed.

1 comment:

  1. If Obama's policies suceed the US economy will be sorted out and the troops in Iraq will be home safe and sound.
    Why would anyone in their right mind not want that to happen?
    I'm not 100% convinced Obama's policies will succeed (let's just wait and see), but I seriously HOPE they do, and I'm not even American.

    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete